I've just finished my latest "word brief" - it was a long time in the making, mostly because I wanted to learn new skills to incorporate. I modeled the microphone in Cinema 4D, and used sound effectors to generate movement in the tubes. I wanted to play around with thinking particles and dynamics as well, so although I could have have done it in a much simpler way, I generated the spirals coming out using TP - the original idea was much more complex and had more groups of particles, but it started to get a bit messy so I toned it back. the particles floating in front of the microphone were created with a cloner object with dynamics that collide with the tubes.

I used another technique to extract the audio in After Effects, which controlled the circle behind the mic. I then added several adjustment layers to alter the exposure, contrast and added an optical flare.